KernelSphere Technologies is now partner with Bihar Skill Development Mission under Kushal Yuva Program, Govt. of Bihar
Kushal Yuva Programme (KYP) is a part of one of the “7 commitments” of the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Bihar Sri.Nitish Kumar namely “Aarthik Hal, Yuvaon ko Bal”. This programme is targeted at the youth of 15-25 age group who have passed class 10th or class 12th, have dropped out of formal education and are looking for jobs. Through this programme, BSDM intends to enhance the employability of these youth of Bihar..
Kushal Yuva Program
The Bihar Skill Development Mission (BSDM) has launched a unique skill training programme by the name of “Kushal Yuva Program” which would enhance the Soft Skills of youth of 15-25 age group who have passed class 10th or class 12th, have dropped out of formal education and are looking for jobs. Soft Skills training would comprise of Life skills, Communications Skills (English & Hindi) and Basic computer literacy which in turn would enhance their employability and act as a value add to the various domain specific training endeavors currently being implemented in Bihar.
The KYP has 3 Stakeholders namely Bihar Skill Development Mission a society under Department of Labour Resources, Government of Bihar, the KYP implementation partners called Skill Development Centre’s (SDC’s) along with Block Skill Development Centre’s (BSDC’s) and Students in the age group of 15-25 Years.
Bihar Skill Development Mission is to play the role of the KYP proposer as per the directives of the state government under a part of one of the “7 commitments” of the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Bihar Sri.Nitish Kumar namely “Aarthik Hal, Yuvaon ko Bal”. This KUSHAL YUVA PROGRAM is the programme targeted at the youth of 15-25 age group who have passed class 10th or class 12th, have dropped out of formal education and are looking for jobs. Through this programme, BSDM intends to enhance the employability of these youth of Bihar. Bihar Skill Development Mission along with their partners Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Limited (MKCL) and project consultant E&Y LLP.
Brief background of BSDM: In Bihar a comprehensive and long-term strategy for skill development is being developed by the Government of Bihar. Accordingly, the Bihar Skill Development Mission (BSDM) has been constituted under the chairmanship of the Honorable Chief Minister with the vision to increase the capacity & capability of the system to deliver quality skill training and professional knowledge to the youth to enhance their employability and bridge the skill deficit with a view to meet the growing demand for skilled manpower.
Objectives of the Mission:
- To facilitate generation of adequate employment opportunities through a policy frame work.
- To encourage and facilitate skill training for youth of Bihar.
- To monitor generation of employment in different sectors.
- To facilitate launching of training programmes for both uneducated and educated unemployed persons for up-gradation of their skills.
- To formulate area and trade specific strategies for maximizing employment opportunities on a sustainable basis in the State supported by private sector.
- To facilitate a coordinated approach in achieving the above objectives for maximizing the benefits over time and space and in reaching out the most needy sections of the population.
Key tasks of BSDM:
- Management of skill development agenda of the State
- Interface with industries
- Monitoring of training and placement efforts through BSDM and all other departments of the state
- Research in market demands (local, regional, national & global)
- Implement the ‘Smart Yuva’ training programme wherein the youth will be trained in Soft Skills covering Communication / Life skills, Spoken English and Basic IT
- Providing Assessment & Certification support for skill trainings in short term modular courses in Bihar
Brief objectives of the Assignment:
- Identify the Training needs with respect to delivery specific to the State of Bihar
- Plan for the conduct of Training of Trainers
- Implement the Training of Trainers programme in Training pedagogy covering but not limited to Training Processes, Training Methodologies, Tools, Training Environment, Handling Participants, Trainer Traits, Trainer Competencies, Learning Styles & Techniques, Learning Principles while Training Adults, Ice Breakers and Energizers, Presentation Skills etc.
- Implement the Training of Trainers programme for courses specific to Modular Employable Skills (MES) prescribed by National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) or on Qualification Pack (QP) of Sector Skill Council.
- Provide training completion certificates.