Smart city solutions with KernelSphere’s IoT Platform
A smart city is an urban development vision to Integrate multiple Information, communication Technology (ICT) and Internet of Things (IoT) Solutions in a secure fashion to manage a city’s Assets – the city’s assets include, but are not Limited to, local department’s information systems, Schools, libraries, transportation systems, hospitals, Power plants, water supply networks, waste Management, law enforcement and other Community services.
KernelSphere’s IoT platform provides the necessary impetus to the smart city solutions with a keen focus on the diligent usage of facilities, amenities, road infrastructure and smart buildings. In this regard, KernelSphere’s IoT Platform helps integrate the device gateways, sensors, meters to be used for real-time monitoring of all sorts of processes including water consumption and supplies, gas emissions, electrical power distribution throughout the city, traffic load, and so on.
As far as smart city is concerned, IoT is going to add a new dimension to the urban style of living by marking new standards of class, comfort and urban lifestyle including safety solutions, efficient usage of natural resources with minimal wastage, efficient waste disposal systems, comfortable public transportation, etc.
Why Jamshedpur as a smart city ?
- Jamshedpur is branded by TATA, with one of the best Civic infra, cosmopolitan & green city in country
- Enabling LoRa Network and Smart Applications will make Jamshedpur truly smart in every sense as role model in country & World.
- To provide basic infrastructure.
- To improve quality of life.
- To provide clean and sustainable environment.
- Apply Smart Solutions in day to day life.
- To set examples, to be replicated both within and outside the Smart City and catalyze the creation of similar Smart Cities.
Importance of LoRa Technology for smart cities
- LoRa stands for Long Range Radio. It is the wireless technology mainly Targeted for IoT networks.
- LoRa technology is a solution to address the increasing demands on IoT end devices for long range connectivity, low-power for battery operation, and low infrastructure cost for volume deployment.
- Lora is ideal for battery operated sensors and low power applications
- This LoRa technology will fulfill the requirement to develop a smart city with the help of LoRa Sensors and automated products/applications.
- LoRa Alliance is an open and a non-profit association, consisting of Prospective members like Cisco, SingTel, Semtech, Swisscom, IBM, SingTel, KPN, Etc.